- Image optimisation when things get tough
- System based scanning covering ultrasound anatomy, clinical reasoning, disease states and troubleshooting. Systems covered include:
- Hepatobiliary: Gallbladder disease (gallstones, cholecystitis)
- Vascular: DVT (above knee), IVC evaluation of volume status
- Cardiac:Tamponade, fluid assessment (along with IVC), valvular assessment, RV size and function, cardiac output
- Musculoskeletal: Fractures, joint effusions, tendon and muscle injuries
- Ocular: retinal detachment
As well as this, our clinical faculty are there to discuss and share case studies on ultrasound components including:
- CVL placement
- Peripheral line placement
- Fracture reduction
- Common nerve blocks
Some administrative components are also covered, such as documentation, credentialing, and use of guidelines/checklists.
We use a variety of training methods to ensure participants are engaged and involved.
We are not satisfied unless you go back to your department with the skills necessary to improve your point-ofcare decision-making!