Welcome to the Australian Institute of Ultrasound (AIU)
The Australian Institute of Ultrasound is Australia’s first ultrasound training facility, established in 1995 on the beautiful Gold Coast.
We are internationally known as the original, and the best ultrasound training provider in Australasia, evidenced by our substantial market domination, diverse range of education courses and our extensive network of volunteer patient models. Our patient models allow essential hands-on training to simulate real-life clinical scanning scenarios.
At the Australian Institute of Ultrasound, we are proud of our comprehensive, innovative and strategic approach to the provision of education and training. Our quality assurance program addresses technological advancement and the changing environment in which we live and work. Just some of the issues we take into consideration when planning and maintaining our course materials include:
- Managing an ageing population,
- Increasing chronic disease,
- Patient safety
- Equity of service delivery
- Increased consumer demand and knowledge
- Technological developments
- Changing models of care
- The importance of credible, evidence-based outcomes
The core components of our comprehensive strategy are to:
- Development and maintaintenence of ultrasound workforce skills and competencies
- Focus on quality clinical outcomes for the patient
- Promotion of excellence and innovation
- Promotion of organisational and industry partnership support for evidence-based education
Whether you are a prospective student, practice provider, faculty member, or a curious visitor, we invite you to explore our website and learn more about the AIU. We also invite you to participate in one of our many ultrasound courses, with every confidence that you will not only learn new skills but will also enjoy the opportunity to join our growing community of satisfied doctors, surgeons, anaesthetics, echocardiologists and other medical staff that have attended previously.
The AIU operates from purpose-built premises that provide flexible facilities for group sizes for hands-on and theoretical training and our partnership with Toshiba and Sonosite ensure that we have the latest advanced equipment.
Kim and Jenni Sanderson